Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I really want a myspace but..?

ok so ALL my friends have a myspace page and i want one REALLY bad because its summer and i don't really see all my friends from school. so i figured a myspace would be a very good way to keep in touch. well heres the problem, my parents are like the myspace nazis. they watch all the dateline nbc catch a predator things and they think myspace is like this horrible website and all the people that use it get stalked and raped and they just refuse to let me have one. i am 15 years old and i would definatly keep it private and only accept people as friends who i know. would should i do? is there anything i can say to them to change their mind? i'm like a really good teenager (lol that sounds corny) but i have good grades, and i never get into trouble at school or anything. what should i do?



I really want a myspace but..?

I had one behind my parent's before and tried to keep it a secret, but they eventually found out. Also, they said that if i ever had one again, (because im underaged but so is 60% of myspace users) that I would get pulled out of soccer, which totally sucks. So i recommend not trying to secretly make one because they will someday find out, whether it because you forgot to delete your history, they accidently see you, or one of your friends leaks something but accident. Plus, if they find out, they will shorten the leash on you and let you have less privaleges. and BTW, i think the whole both you and your parents having a myspace is a good idea.



HOPE THIS HELPS! :]]



PS. Dont worry, your not missing out on much. Myspace gets boring after the first couple days. ;]



I really want a myspace but..?

hahahaha. myspace nazis. thats funny. tell them. it's perfectly safe as long you set your profile to private.



I really want a myspace but..?

mine too i used to have one for a while, then they went crazy! after not having one tho u realize how stupid it iz but u could get a myyearbook.



I really want a myspace but..?

That's what they all say...



I really want a myspace but..?

Who cares?! I sure don't! It's a freaking MySpace for God sakes! Basically, what you are saying is, "I want a MySpace because all of my friends have one!" Well you know what? MySpace gets boring after the first time you use it anyway! And we all have more complicated problems of our own to worry about somebody else's...



I really want a myspace but..?

make one anyway. like they're gonna know.



I really want a myspace but..?

ah its not about having a myspace, its how you use it



I really want a myspace but..?

Tell them that it's not the website that causes the people to get stalked or raped. It's the people themselves. They don't know how to stop talking to a person or to avoid a person that they've never met and talks to them online.



If that doesn't work, you can always keep it secret. Clear your history while you're on the computer and don't let them see you on it.



I really want a myspace but..?

Tell them Myspace is like IM, it's safe if you know what you're doing. Guarntee them you won't talk to people you don't know and won't put very much information (at least not enough to be dangerous)



Myspace is completely safe if you are smart. Just don't talk to people you don't put too much info.



I really want a myspace but..?

my 14 y/o daughter found me on there, and i never got to see her after being born. We met a month ago and sometimes, it's the only way we can communicate.



You might want to inform them that if they are overprotective, you'll grow a tendency to rebel to show you are growing up and desire to be treated as such and fairly. Sometimes you only learn lifes lessons by making your own mistakes. If they don't let you do that, then how will you survive the real world in 3 years?



News medias over exaggerate ANY negatives. If they trust you, then they should let you get one. Otherwise you're likely to do it at school behind their backs. (Like my daughter did to find me against her mothers wishes)



I really want a myspace but..?

I let my daughter have one. Here's the deal we have: I have one and we're friends, allowing me to view her profile whenever I want. I also have her sign in info so that I can read messages and friend requests sent to her. She is not allowed to approve or request friends without my approval. She gets to chat with family and friends on myspace and I get access to everything she does on there. I've never had any problems with her on myspace, although I have had to put a few unsupervised kids in line. Offer to give your parents the same access, maybe it'll help.



I really want a myspace but..?

It is great that you are a good kid. Your parents are lucky to have you. You still have to respect their rules, though. They are concerned for your well being. There is a lot of validity to the Dateline stories! There is no way to be sure that somebody isn't on the computer, out to target an innocent girl like you. Trust your parents judgment. You may think your parents are overbearing and just plain unfair. Everything they do is because they love you. Myspace CAN be used as a place for child predators. It's a very freaky world out there and you can never be too safe.



I really want a myspace but..?

As a parent I can understand their concerns.



Here is a suggestion that my son and I reached about myspace and maybe it will work with you.



He set up an email account that was monitored by us. This account was one that we both could read what was posted.



He could not list any personal information about himself on that sight until he turned 18.



When he got a friend's request it had to be someone we both personally knew. If someone from his school wanted to add their name to his list we had to meet them first. Yes some of his friends did tease him about that, but he took it in good stride.



We showed him and talked to him about our concerns. We showed him articles about what was listed about preditors in these sights. We asked him how if he was allowed to make a sight how could we be sure he was kept safe.



This is the only suggestion I have that might work and also show a little bit of trust on both ends.



I really want a myspace but..?

that is stupid that ur parents wont let u but all u need to do is show them actually make them see goodluck



I really want a myspace but..?

myspace sucks-I had one and mostly all my friends have one.



I really want a myspace but..?

dont worry youre not missing out on anything...myspace sux!



I really want a myspace but..?

just make one anyways and make a new email account that they don't know about and use a fake last name so u won't come up if they seach you



I really want a myspace but..?

It's no loss at all. You live in the era where kids have either nazi parents or are totally passive. Consider yourself lucky and realize you are not missing out on anything of consequence at all. In fact, the young people tell me now that Myspace is out anyway. All I could suggest is to SHOW them, that you can make it private with no ability to contact you unless someone knows you, but don't push it, show them you are more mature than to throw a tantrum over the issue.



I really want a myspace but..?

dont feel bad it is really bad 4 me to because ia ma muslim and im not really supposed to have a myspace wat i did is i just make one and only and only accept people i kno there fore if my mom or dad do catch me they will kno that i am faithfull



I really want a myspace but..?

i think it should be ok if you let your perents check it with you sometimes. thats what my perents did for a while then they saw that i could handle it and let me have it to myself...try asking your perents to agree to that.



I really want a myspace but..?

Omg i can't atand this anymore!!! note to all "myspace nazis" [lol that was cute so i had to use it=]] : YOU CANT BLAME MYSPACE BECAUSE TEENS KEEP ACTING LIKE HOES ON IT, %26amp; USE NO COMMON SENSE WHEN THEY'RE ON IT! YOUR KID WAS A HO BEFORE MYSPACE, AND THEYD STILL BE A HO WITHOUT IT. AND IF YOUR KID IS GIVING OUT ALL THEIR INFO LIKE A BIG FAT DUMBASS, THEN GUESS WHAT? YEA THATS RIGHT YOUR KID WILL STILL BE A DUMBASS WITHOUT EFFIN MYSPACE!!! GOD, IM TIRED OF HEARING ALL THAT BS! %26amp; IF YOUR KID HAS LITTLE HALF-NAKED PHOTOS ON THERE, WITH LIL SLICK HEADLINES AND CRAP, THEN THAT'S NOBODY'S FAULT BUT THE PARENTS! COMPRENDE?!



ANYways, yea just tell your parents something like that, exept for in a more explanitory was %26amp; without the [mild] profanity. I mean myspace doesnt ask you for anything except for your name %26amp; email address if people want to be stupid %26amp; give out their address %26amp; phone # to some random people... then that's their dumb selves. %26amp; tell them that "with all do respact, you raised me better than to go %26amp; do something retarded like that" Have a good one =]]. [lol]



I really want a myspace but..?

just make one under a fake name.....lol its fine just set it to private.............



I really want a myspace but..?

Obey your parents and E-mail your friends.



I really want a myspace but..?

**** it . i though the same thing.. oh myspace is bad... but now after havaving it for a year im getting tired of it! lol yeah.



if i were you have it but when they ask for your name put someones elses name on it but when people check your profile just tell them your name not the one you put.



make a totally long and difficult email so your parents cant find you or anything.



thats what i would do.



be carefull with what you do on line, dont tell them you have one, and dont check it at home.



i hope you like myspcace.



and again be carefull! :D



hopes this work



I really want a myspace but..?

most of my friends and me have a myspace we're 12 and 13 but put it on private i only accept people as friends if i know them.



http://www.myspace.com/crazyheather625



I really want a myspace but..?

im 16 and my parents dont think it's right to have a myspace because all of the innappropiate things that people do on the site being nude or just plain nasty,u should respect ur parents disision,besides it can get u nothing but trouble.



I really want a myspace but..?

dont put where you live what school you go to or anything that might give any information to where you live such as a concert your going to and then it will be safe

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
iis web server