Tuesday, December 29, 2009

How much should I charge for a client to use photos on her MySpace page?

A girl I went to high school with found me on myspace (my page was promoting my photography). I am just now starting a business. She is recording an album and needed some photos for the insert. We never set anything in stone I just told her I wouldn't charge her for "taking" the photos. Now she wants to know how much to let her use them on the web (with my name at the bottom of them).



How much should I charge for a client to use photos on her MySpace page?

Call other photography studios in the area and ask them what they charge for various types of photos. If you have background scenery, umbrellas, other lighting and fast lenses, you have more invested and can create a better picture. Therefore, I think you could charge more.



But if you're just starting out and have the basics, I'd say less.



When I say a fast lens, a 1.2f or maybe 1.4f in 35mm. I only mention that because you can open it up all the way, focus on the subject and through the background out of focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
iis web server